Skip to main content

Days 90-91: Watercolour Effects in Photoshop

We are deep in the midst of Rexy's birthday weekend here. Of course this means that I am swimming in hundreds of unedited photos that I have no time to get to. Hopefully I will be able to post a big birthday post soon.

In the mean time, here is what I was getting up to earlier this week.

I was very excited when this month's Digital Photo magazine came with a tutorial on how to achieve a watercolour painted effect. I have been curious about this effect for ages and I was delighted to find that it was really easy. I had a quick trial on my Mother's day spring flower photo from a few days ago and I was happy with the result.


So I ran off to take a quick shot of one of my dolls and got something that I was also pleased with. I think that it would have been better with lots of natural light. I had to push the noise reduction slider up to the max in Lightroom before bringing the photo over to Photoshop. The technique really doesn't work well with too much noise.

Day 90


Day 91 was the day before Rexy's birthday and was all about the prep. Of course birthday prep looks a bit different these days because planning photographs is part of it. It is so good to have the option of more light this year. 











Comments