Skip to main content

Days 194-195/365: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

It has been a tough, full-on couple of days with Bear. She is truly filling her two and a half year old boots now and appears to have an opinion on everything. Usually her opinion is the opposite to mine. We appear to find our way through most differences of opinion but the real battle ground is over bedtime. The girl does not want to go to bed... ever! She appears to have taken a jump with her cognitive skills recently and is using her increased understanding of the world to try out all sorts of bedtime delaying tricks. It is exhausting, but I have been here twice before. We will get through this stage. It's all good.

All I could manage last night was to slump in the chair and watch my wonderful, life-saving, husband make cocktails and dinner for us. He is a fantastic cook. I am very lucky indeed.  

It would have been interesting to have slowed the shutter speed down and used a tripod here. Maybe to would have achieved some isolated blur with his whisking. 

f2; 1/80; ISO 1600

f2; 1/80; ISO 1600

f2; 1/80; ISO 1600

f2; 1/200; ISO 3200

Our cat, Jasmine, also got some attention. She hardly gets a look in these days. Poor cat.

f2; 1/200; ISO 3200

f2; 1/200; ISO 3200

This morning (day 195), I opened the blinds in my bedroom and found this beautiful rainbow. The kids and I were wildly excited about it and I was lucky enough to get my daily photo done before 8.30am. The rainbow was still around during the school run and it was so delightful to see all the little kids so excited about it. Rainbows are amazing!

f7.1; 1/50; ISO 200

f7.1; 1/50; ISO 200

f7.1; 1/80; ISO 200

And here is my little lady. She has taken to wearing this summer hat even though it is freezing outside. I found her wearing it, along with a very grumpy face, in her cot this morning. You have to giggle really. 

f2; 1/100; ISO 1600

f2; 1/100; ISO 1600


Comments