Skip to main content

Day 179/365: Photography Goals for 2015

It was a beautiful frosty morning and Bear and I planned to get out to the park early to catch some  wintry shots to finish off the year. Of course we are still in our wonderful lazy Christmas mode so the frost was long gone by the time we got there. Never mind, I will catch it another day. I still managed to get some landscape pictures, which is unexplored territory for me. 






It was still freezing, and Bear had purple hands in no time at all. In typical toddler fashion she was screaming with the misery of it, but refused to put on her warm coat or gloves. We had a nice doughnut and called it a day. 



I finally found the time to photograph Chloe, my most wonderful Christmas gift. 


I am not one for making new years resolutions but I like the idea of setting some photography related goals for 2015. I wanted the goals to be manageable and realistic, but it is hard to contain my ambition to get much better at photography. So I have promised myself that I won't be too hard on myself if I don't achieve them. 

Here goes. My photography goals for 2015 are:

1. To complete my 365 project and make a plan for continuing to shoot regularly after that
2. Nail focus
3. Master exposure
4. Have a go at shooting in RAW 
5. Play around with more fun shutter speed projects
6. Read lots more books on photography. (I have four already ready and waiting here).
7. Develop an eye for good skin tone
8. Post something on Clickin Moms and request constructive criticism
9. Print and display some of my pictures on our walls
10. Learn how to use Lightroom very well
11. Begin to use Photoshop
12. Ensure that I have multiple places to store huge amounts of pictures in an organised manner
13. Enjoy photography and be patient with my progress

There we have it! Wish me luck.

Happy New Year to all. x

Comments