Skip to main content

Day 66: Zoning Out

I read all about the zone system for exposure on the train to work this morning and I have spent the whole day obsessing about it. I was super keen to get home to try it out, but then by the time I got back I was tired and unable to get my thoughts together. I was even forgetting to look at the numbers and just pointing and shooting willy nilly. I certainly had a go with the zone system, but I still don't really get it. I sort of understand it in my head, but it practice it just doesn't come together. I will have to admit defeat tonight and try another day. 

I also downloaded a trial for Lightroom. I don't get that either...

Yay! Our sunflowers finally managed to bloom. I used the zone system for exposure here. It's not bad I guess. The sky isn't blown out, which makes a change. 

f/5; 1/250; ISO 100

We are getting back into the swing of school and homework. Roo read beautifully tonight. 

f/2.5; 1/250; ISO 3200
I think that my poor brain is overloaded with the effort to process all that I have learnt so far. Time to back away from the computer and focus on something else.

Comments