Skip to main content

Day 53: A new Clickin Mom is born.

My husband got home late last night and I spent some time catching up with tutorials from Click it up a Notch. There is some seriously good stuff on there! I also spent some time on Clickin Moms and ended up taking the plunge and becoming a member. This gives me access to lots of tutorials and forums to ask questions. I just hope that I can find some time to use it. 

It was my long London day and I brought my camera. This week I snapped my photos on the way to work in the hope of less people getting into the frame. Also, it is definitely getting darker earlier these days so the morning light is better. Sob! I was really getting into taking my photos when I noticed that I was taking way too long and would be late for work. 

We love this burger place. It is very hard to walk past and not grab a burger on the way home. I do resist though. I also like the colours in this shot and the font Shake Shack used for their sign. These are the kinds of details I love in cities.

f/2.8; 1/80; ISO 200
This statue must be one of the most photographed in London. Apart from the fact that it is right opposite the Opera House, there is a photography school nearby. I am always passing students trying to find the perfect composition. It wouldn't be so special without the letter boxes. I first stumbled upon this statue when I was 15 and visiting my aunt in London. I fell in love with it because I was interested in ballet. At that time I would never have guessed that I would be walking past her three days a week on my way to work. She is like a dear old friend. 

f/2.8; 1/160; ISO 200
My 50mm lens is not really cutting the mustard on these London days. I have been feeling the need for a wide angle lens. I was  reading some recommendations on Clickin Moms and lots of people were keen on the Sigma 35mm 1.4 and the Sigma 85mm 1.4. Those are some pretty expensive lenses!! I added them to my Amazon wishlist but I won't be getting them any time soon, which is frustrating. Then I had a brainwave - sort of. I have pretty much forgotten about my kit lens because everyone says that it is a waste of time, but I figure that at least it will give me a feel for different focal lengths which can only help me in my decision making about what lens to buy next. 

A separate word about my Amazon wishlist. I think that I will set up a whole new one for photography and use it as a research space. That will make three wish lists for me - a general one, a doll one and now a photography one. I figure that you can tell a lot about a person from their wishlists. My general one makes me laugh. It is years old and pages long. I started it when I was a trainee clinical psychologist so the pages at the end have titles like Storytelling with Children in Crisis, Staring at the Sun:Overcoming the Terror of Death and Developmental Neuropsychology: Brain, Behaviour and Cognition. Those books still sound interesting to me (kind of) but there is no way that I have the time or the mental capacity for that sort of reading these days. Top of the list are items like the Fisher Price Lil Snoopy pull along dog and Project X (that movie from the 80s). That list shows how much me and my life have changed over the past 8 years. 

Comments