Skip to main content

Day 36: Making a Splash

I think that this blog should be renamed The Frustrated Family Photographer because that pretty much sums up where I am at right now. We went to the Tower of London to meet up with some family today. I brought my camera in the hope of getting some good pictures for the project. In fact we ended up lugging the thing around all day and got a handful of out of focus, poorly exposed snapshots. The odds were stacked against me as it was a very rainy day, it was very crowded, the kids were super hyper and Bear took up so much of my attention - not to mention my free arms as she wanted to be carried a lot of the time. Also, my 50mm lens made it difficult to get close to the action. I have tried to cheer myself up with the thoughts that in a couple of years time I will have so much more skill, a greater choice of lens and children that don't need 95% of my attention at all times.

These splashy pictures were taken before we even got to the Tower. I am a bit happier with them now that I have had the opportunity to crop them and edit them a little.

f/2.2; 1/1000; ISO 100

f/2.2; 1/1000; ISO 100 
Just look at the numbers! Ah, the joys of photographing in full daylight. I wanted to get more pictures of the kids splashing because I knew that I had the shutter speed to capture some great pictures. I had to let it go though because they were all getting too wet with no change of clothes and the whole family was keen to get moving.

f/3.2; 1/400; ISO 100 

This is my only use-able picture from inside the Tower. It is a dragon made out of weapons. His name is Keeper. His is kind of cool. 



Comments