Skip to main content

Day 14: Back Button Focus

Today I switched my camera to back button autofocus as suggested by Courtney Slazinik at Click it Up a Notch. I used this video tutorial, which pretty much told me everything I needed to know. 

I have been playing around with it all day, and I think that I like it. It's pretty easy to get the hang of except for when the kids are jumping about a lot and then it can feel a bit fiddly. I must have taken a million photos with it today and I am in no rush to switch it back. It might even stay for good. 

It was hard to choose photos today. First up, Bear listening to her favourite tunes - What does the fox say? and Gummy Bear. She takes her music very seriously. 

f/1.8; 1/250; ISO 200


f/1.8; 1/250; ISO 200

The boys had a long over due haircut. Here is Roo sporting his. 

f/3.2; 1/640; ISO 200

Bear got a new Dora sticker book. I love that she loves stickers. She followed up with a quick snack and then got busy walking her "babeeeee" up and down our front path. 

f/2.5; 1/125; ISO 800

 I think that this one is my favourite of the day.

f/2.5; 1/160; ISO 200

f/3.5; 1/320; ISO 100

I am pleased with how variable my numbers were today. I was feeling that I was getting stuck in just using the same aperture and aiming for fixed shutter speeds. 

I am loving this beautiful weather. We have also had some very impressive thunder storms in the evenings. 

Oh, and I also managed a doll picture today. This is Willow. She is a customised Pullip. It is such a joy to photograph a doll after the kids. They don't move about, which gives me the time to think more about what I am doing. 

f/1.8; 1/80; ISO 200








Comments